So we've officially determined that he is a thumb sucker. I try giving him pacifiers to suck on, but he takes them out, looks at them, throws them accross the room, then sucks on him thumb. Rinse, repeat.My next goal is to avoid the 'comfort item' if I can. My mom told me that my aunt tried to avoid letting one of my cousins get attached to anything like a blanket, but he ended up getting attached to the curtains instead. Nils currently likes the cloth diapers we use as burp cloths. However, if I take them away he yanks off his sock and uses them (see picture). I think I'll try rotating things so he never gets attached to any *one* thing. I can see this route ending badly though. He may end up attached to everything, and 'need' it all to fall asleep.
The first kid is the experimental one, right?
1 comment:
Oh, you can't stop it if he wants to get attached to something, so don't worry about it. Johanna had a large baby blanket which I cut in half so there was always one half around. OF course now she says I traumatized her by cutting her favorite blanket in half.
Post a Comment