Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Big Saturday

Both Nils and Walter wanted to play soccer this year, and the soccer season is now in session. Nils is still preoccupied with the bugs he sees, and Walter thinks it's a fashion show. But they both still manage to kick the ball a few times in between the other parts. Nils played keeper for part of his game and seemed to do a pretty good job. He especially liked taking the goal kicks.

Walter managed to score a few goals, and especially liked the after-goal high fives and fist pumps.


That morning before the game this rather large, very friendly dog came wandering up the street while I was out in the front yard. I saw him almost get hit by a car so I snagged his collar, then we and the next door neighbors contacted his owner. He spent the next half hour or so tethered to our tree watching the garage sale next door.  


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

How cute! Dogs almost always seem to look so cute. Probably because they always look so happy- particularly when compared to cats. I know that I have happy cats, but they just don't ever look as happy as dogs do. Laying around purring is just not quite the same as wagging the tail and sniffing everything excitedly!

Anonymous said...

Nils has a pretty great stride going on. Your description is very cute. :)