So last night after Nils was in bed, we recieved a visit from a little roach. This little visitor had forgotten his roachy ways and was marching across the kitchen floor in broad daylight. Well, okay, it was night-time, but all of our lights were still on. This roach-nesia even made him forget to scuttle away upon our apprach. He only remembered his roachly duties when he saw the raised heel of J's shoe, and quickly scuttled behind a bookcase, where he hid resolutely until we gave up and went to bed.The next morning (this morning), while visisons of sugar-roaches were still dancing in my head, J was eating breakfast in the kitchen while Nils played on the floor. He saw Nils pick something up. Thinking Nils had found a stray cheerio, he picked Nils up to take it away. When he had a hold of Nils he spied, firmly ensconced in Nils' little fist, the cheeri-roach.
J said his response to this was something along the lines of "Bleah!" and claims that Nils dropped the roach. I was most interested in knowing if the roach ever made it near Nils' mouth, and whether or not his hands had been washed since handling thing. I was very grateful that J waited in the kitchen for the senile renegade roach to venture out so he could kill it. He graciously did this knowing that I become somewhat unglued when a roach is sight.
Either way, the doctor did say that I should be feeding Nils a little more protein.
No comments:
Post a Comment