Hi Starfoxy! This is Stephanie from the Roxcy blog {Prayer of Faith}. Anyways, just wanted to tell you how adorable your son is and find out if you guys are Danish? Mormor is what my mom calls my Grandma. I call my Grandma "FaMor" and my children call her "Oldemor". She was born in Denmark. Just wondering. Very cool!
My husband is mostly Danish, and I'm mostly Swedish- so Nils is mostly Scandanavian, though we're all born in America. On each side I'm pretty sure our great grandparents were born in Sweden or Denmark. Mormor and Morfar are the titles for the mother's parents in Sweden as well as Denmark, and my parents requested that we use those names for them as a way to differentiate grandparents. (My brother's kids call them Farmor and Farfar.)
2 comments:
Hi Starfoxy! This is Stephanie from the Roxcy blog {Prayer of Faith}. Anyways, just wanted to tell you how adorable your son is and find out if you guys are Danish? Mormor is what my mom calls my Grandma. I call my Grandma "FaMor" and my children call her "Oldemor". She was born in Denmark. Just wondering. Very cool!
My husband is mostly Danish, and I'm mostly Swedish- so Nils is mostly Scandanavian, though we're all born in America. On each side I'm pretty sure our great grandparents were born in Sweden or Denmark. Mormor and Morfar are the titles for the mother's parents in Sweden as well as Denmark, and my parents requested that we use those names for them as a way to differentiate grandparents. (My brother's kids call them Farmor and Farfar.)
Post a Comment