Monday, January 28, 2008

Adventure + Aftermath, a photo essay

This morning Nils insisted on wearing short pants and his boots. Not a combination I would have picked, but you know how these things go. Anyhow, after getting back from the store he went to play outside in our back yard, which is muddy from the fabulous rain we got all day yesterday. While I'm putting the groceries away I hear crying, so I go look out the window and this is what I saw:

So I go out, drag Nils out of the mud (losing a boot in the process), take off his remaining boot and go wash him off in the laundry tub, and all the while he is getting more and more disconsolate. Finally after trying to wrestle new clothes on him, I gave up and plopped him in Walter's crib to calm down. By the time he calmed down, he'd fallen asleep. Mud is serious business.

4 comments:

Geevz said...

wow, that is an adventure! I'm glad he survived

Mom said...

I hope the other boot is taken care of before it is cemented in forever. You need a sprayer for your sink.

Jennifer said...

I was talking to mom about this photo essay and Mom was saying that maybe you should have put on some old clothes gone outside and sat down in the mud right in front of him and then pushed him down into it. It might have been good for him to get super muddy!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That reminds me of the time I let Johanna go to Oak City (She was about 3) for the weekend (without me or Dad) and she and her cousin got into the "green mud" and Grandma Anderson had to clean them off. Oh, by the way the "green mud" was located in a cow corral that was being used by real live cows!

I like the way you put it all together in a photo essay. Very creative.

Actually, I think it would have been fun to play in the mud with Nils. Next time he comes over I will make mud pies with him and then we can finger paint with chocolate pudding!

Grandma A.