Monday, May 12, 2008

Lotsa Stuff, now in chronological order!

On Saturday we went to a wildlife sanctuary in Gilbert. Rumors say that Lovebirds live there, we didn't see any Lovebirds but we did see some Canadian Geese and this other neat bird.


Then that afternoon I went outside to get the mail and found a swarm of bees resting on our front tree. It was at once neat and terrifying.


That morning at the park I felt light headed, and that evening I felt pretty nauseous. We figured it was something I ate, and I'd probably feel better in the morning. I did feel better in the morning, but Walter was full on sick. Since then I got it again but far far worse, Jay felt nauseous last night, but feels more or less fine today. Nils threw up once last night, but slept through it, and doesn't seem to feel at all ill.

So because of the bug Jay stayed home from work, and was going to stay home from his orthodontist appointment. But the orthodontist's office said that they'd rather have a mildly sick patient than have an empty slot in the schedule. So he went to the appointment and doesn't have his braces on anymore. He has a clear retainer instead. They gave him a bottle of wine in a tote sack, but Jay didn't notice that it was wine until he had left the office. So now we have a bottle of wine that we don't know what we're going to do with.

More generally, Nils is getting to a stage where he's starting to say cute things. His big thing these days is "I see [x]! Yay [x]!" For example yesterday morning Nils and Jay were watching a science show and it showed a picture of a brain. Nils sees the brain and shouts, "Yarn! I see yarn! Yay yarn!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that place! I did see the lovebirds there when I was there.

Gramma A.