Today While I was working on the blanket I found an envelope wadded up inside one of the balls of yarn. It was postmarked 1949.
Monday, August 04, 2008
Packrat
Since I've been crocheting again, my grandma has been 'donating' all of her old yarn to me. I've received several sacks of little balls of yarn from her, sometimes the bits of yarn were only a foot or so long (in other words they were basically trash because there is practically nothing you can make out of a foot of yarn). So I've been making this blanket out of the stuff I've been given. I've often wondered to myself, "Just how long has she had some of this yarn?"

Today While I was working on the blanket I found an envelope wadded up inside one of the balls of yarn. It was postmarked 1949.
Thats right, my grandma had kept a 10 yard ball of yarn for nearly 60 years.
Today While I was working on the blanket I found an envelope wadded up inside one of the balls of yarn. It was postmarked 1949.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Do you remember cleaning out grandma's old house & finding those boxes of pens – thousands of unusable pens? I am certain at least half of them were much older than I was. That house cleaning was a waste; she retrieved most the things we tried to get rid of. It’s a disease & we all have it! Thank you very much Grandma S. Anyway, the blanket looks good. :)
What do you mean we all have it? You're the best at not having it. I even noticed that you're getting rid of your milk bottle lamp!!!! Whatever will you do when you're 90 and want to remember your Grandma Scharr by looking at your mild bottle lamp? But you know you could have sold it on e-Bay for about $4 or so.
http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=milk+glass+lamp&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270 funny!
BULLETIN!!!! Grandma/Marni has found some more yarn, so stop crocheting you may have some better colors! Or older yarn, ackk! She has also found some how to books that you may be interested in, of course you are, and if your not, the trash is.
Post a Comment