Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Getting out of hand

So, valentines day is coming. Nils wanted to make a some cupcakes. I have red food coloring. So I decided to make a red velvet cake. While pouring the batter into the pans Walter got a hold of the beater and helped himself. By the time I noticed him he was covered.
After I took a picture of Walter I turn around to see Nils patting the batter. Shortly after this he wiped his hand on his shirt. You can guess why there's no picture of that.

They never do this when I make a yellow cake. Nope. They have to do this when I make the only cake in the world that calls for 2 tablespoons of red food coloring. Walter's face is only *slightly* stained.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Oh the joys of cooking with pre-schoolers, especially by yourself! Are you certain that's not blood? They certainly move fast.

Jackijo said...

Well of course they did it when you made red cake! It looks so much more fun and inviting to play with!