Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Second day of school

After school on the first day Nils came home and told me all about it. I think that was the chattiest Nils has ever been. He told me all about octopuses, and how one kid got in trouble for talking because his teacher likes quiet, and how a different kid peed on the carpet, and how they had donuts but the teacher called them bagels.
On the second day he told me about how one kid had a nose bleed, and spiders that jump are called 'hopping spiders.' When I asked him why his lunch hadn't been touched he told me that the 'teachers in the room where we eat' gave him pizza. That was about all I could get out of him about it. As far as I can tell he left his lunch in his backpack and got shuffled through the hot lunch line with the other kids. How he managed to do so without paying is something I'd like to know.

Anyhow, he passed out on the couch after a few minutes in time out. School is tiring.

2 comments:

Geevz said...

Funny, that's what I did after my second day of school.

meisha said...

You should check with the school - they usually won't send you a bill for the lunch until later... Just speaking from experience... :) Too cute!