When I picked Nils up from school yesterday he runs up and tells me that he gets to do a butterfly race tomorrow. His teacher came up and explained that he gets to do the butterfly release. I guess the whole school got a whole mess of butterflies and each class would let two students release their class's butterflies at a big assembly, and I could come watch.
Here's Nils, posing for his teacher to take pictures.It's good to know that it isn't just me, and he does that to everyone.
Walter seemed to enjoy the whole thing, and got a big kick out all Nils' classmates saying "Hi Walter!" to him.
After we sat in the sun waiting for the rest of the school to get there, some guy (the vice principal?) yammered for a bit and then they let the butterflies go. It quickly devolved into a melee of kids chasing butterflies, but before it all fell apart Nils managed to get one on his finger, and he seemed pretty pleased with that.
3 comments:
How fun! I want to do a butterfly release!
Cool guy Walter, and most cool guy holding the butterfly.
Someday he will be horrified (but secretly pleased) by the picture of him wearing a yellow butterfly headband and being so delighted by a butterfly landing on his finger. It's very cute- and I wish I were wearing a butterfly headband with butterflies landing on my fingers. Instead I'm wearing a scary-really-bad-bed-hair headband (like I'm wearing one of those bumpz things but I'm not) and have cat hairs landing all around me. Oh well. :-)
Post a Comment