New Shelves in the kids room. A game table with a reversible top. One side for chess & checkers... ... the other for Scrabble. And another bath-mat/area rug made out of old t-shirts. I dyed a few of the shirts green, and they turned out really nice I think.
Hey! How do you do that with the old t-shirts? I would like to do that because I have a LOT of old white slightly stained t-shirts from the boys... :) Very nice, btw.
I took some photos of cutting up t-shirts here. After that you just seam the strips together (it's best if you make the seam diagonal so there isn't a big lump every time there is a seam (as shown in the second illustration down on this page)).
4 comments:
Hey! How do you do that with the old t-shirts? I would like to do that because I have a LOT of old white slightly stained t-shirts from the boys... :) Very nice, btw.
I took some photos of cutting up t-shirts here.
After that you just seam the strips together (it's best if you make the seam diagonal so there isn't a big lump every time there is a seam (as shown in the second illustration down on this page)).
Okay, now you're officially the "crafterati" as well. Do you have a sewing machine?
Yes, I do have a sewing machine. Two actually. One is that antique singer from Missy's mom, and the other was a Christmas present from Jay's mom.
Post a Comment