Sunday, July 05, 2009

Hammer and Nils

In primary Nils colored a picture. The adult who wrote his name on the picture spelled it "Nails." I wonder if the person who wrote that thought that his name actually was Nails, as in "hammer and nails," which is to say that they think we actually named our son after hardware.

I'm trying to picture, in my mind, the sort of people who might name their kid Nails and all that I can imagine is people who like watching American Gladiator. Perhaps we should have named Walter 'Turbo.'

2 comments:

Geevz said...

I think turbo sounds like a great name for Walter :)

Jennifer said...

Way back when the internet was new I found this great site which had people's actual names listed on it. A name couldn't be listed on the site unless it had actually been verified via an obituary, birth announcement or some other similar item. I wish I could relocate the site but there's too much stuff on the internet now to find it. But I do remember that one of the actual names listed on the site for a boy was "Nail." There was someone else named "Brick." The site had categories for unusual names and I think one of the categories was building materials or something. Maybe you should have named Walter Shingle or Drillbit.