Saturday, June 05, 2010

Thanks Grandma

So I have a Grandma that keeps everything. This past weekend she gave me a box of stuff that she thought I could use. It included a few patterns, some oddments of fabric and this terrifying cat thing.

Of course we get the box home, Walter starts unpacking it and finds the (not-yet-stuffed) cat and decides it's his new favorite thing ever. He doesn't care that it looks like it would eat your soul, all that matters is that it's a kitty and it's red. So we fill it with stuffing and he carts it around all day, and used it as a pillow that night. The next day Nils decided it needed to be in his shirt with the head sticking out of his neck so he can pretend to be a cat.

Oh, and apparently the cat's ears are some sort of gun. You know, 'pewpew!'

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Gaaaaaahhhh! How old is that thing? 1930? It looks hideous. How funny is that. I wonder what other strange things Grandma has lying around just waiting to be discovered. Too funny. As a side note- sometimes I find myself wondering if I should save the lint from the dryer so that I could stuff a quilt with it. How insane is that? At least Grandma doesn't do that. I can just picture myself now- 90 years old with several garbage bags full of lint surrounding myself. I'm laughing out loud at the thought of it. Toooo funny!

Piper said...

Yes, one day we will find you with your bags of dryer lint wearing your woven window blind and spun carpet fiber clothing. :)