The other day at dinner Nils announced that he likes sports. "I really do," he said. "For reals."
Just for some context, 2 years ago we signed him up for soccer. He looked lost the entire time he played. When it came time to sign up for soccer last year he declined my offer. When I ask him to show me the exercises he does at PE he refuses, and tells me how much he doesn't like PE.
For school he was assigned to write a paragraph about himself. He wrote "Nils is a boy. He has a soccer trophy. He likes sports."
Huh.
I offered to sign him up for soccer again, and he said "Yes! Because I like sports." Turns out the last day to sign up for the local league is today, at his school down the street. We went to sign up, and they were having a 'free skills clinic.' So Nils got in the rotation, and did his best. Most of the kids are way bigger than him (even in his age group). He still looked lost most of the time, and opted to skip the second half of the clinic.
The highlight of the day? He saw a butterfly out on the field.
3 comments:
Kids are hilarious sometimes. Especially Nils.
A butterfly would have been a highlight for me, also!
Boys are so confusing. My husband tells me things he hates (like bell peppers) then he goes and eats them. Weirdo. Females are so much more in tune with their personalities.
Post a Comment